Neo Yokio Quotes
This American-Japanese co-produced animated television series created by Ezra Koenig of American rock band Vampire Weekend, and produced by Japanese anime studios Production I.G. and Studio Deen. The first season, consisting of six episodes, premiered on Netflix on September 22, 2017 - Wikipedia
Neo Yokio Quotes
- Sorry to disappoint you, sales clerk.
^^^Is there anything more condescending than addressing someone by their job title only!? rofl
- You don't deserve this big Toblerone.
- He's probably being dragged around the Atlantic in a tuna net, like a dolphin.
- Why can’t you be more like your dandy ass cousin you banana.
- You know I kind of miss being a panda all that fur felt good, man.
^^^I bet this is gonna be an important plot point later...the moment he discovered he was a furry..
- On race car drivers : Humility would only slow them down.
- We’ll care when they pay us to care.
- God I was shit faced last night but I woke up at seven am and ran five miles.
Firstly, for a show about a wealthy guy who flies around the big city on a naked elderly woman encased in a butler robot... it's pretty cool.
Secondly, the characters are likable. Yes they are angsty and self centered. They are also humorous, out of touch, and off the wall. The voice acting is excellent. Somehow Jaden Smith manages to capture the mega-rich-bored-with-it-all monotone money voice. The Kid Metro as the voice of Lexy does not disappoint. Especially when his character goes on a gender bending experience. Sexy Lexy.
My favorite character is Aunt Agatha. Does she really care about Kaz as family or only the business? As the series progresses we will gain more perspective on her. For now I like her a lot. Susan Sarandon lends her voice to this role it is spot on.
Anyway--- If you haven't watched Neo Yokio give it a chance despite the negative reviews it has been receiving. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this series in the comments below!